ARE YOU PROUD OF YOUR WEBSITE DESIGN?
“ Costume, hair and makeup can tell you instantly, or at least give you a larger perception of who a character is. It’s the first impression that you have of the character before they open their mouth, so it really does establish who they are. — Colleen Atwood ”
We are living in an era where technology has become integral part of our lives & the ways we work have changed completely. There were times when a customer used to visit the office/factory in need of some product or services & used to get in to dismay when would come to know that supplier he is looking for is not where he is standing right now.
During last few decades, almost all business owners have got their business websites in place & display their products or services on it. Normally, once the website is live, they are busy with their core activities & website almost takes a back stage on their priority list. There might be reasons as they try to justify the situation to take a leave from their responsibilities of website. But are you under estimating the role of website generate business for you? There is no harm if website is taking a back stage on your priority list, only if you don’t want more new customers. Website is the first thing a prospective client browse even before he/she thinks of making a phone call to a business & creates a perception.
Since being last 10 years in business of digital marketing & website development, I got opportunity to work with clients from different industries. I have prepared a list of questions below you can ask to check if your website is at right stage.
- Does your website have a slide show to give a complete idea of your services/ products within minutes?
- Does that slide show have text lines to motivate & inspire the visitor to contact you?
- Do you have a call for action button (Like CALL NOW, REQUEST A QUOTE BUTTON) visible enough/highlighted on all pages of website?
- Is content of your website is inspiring enough & gives a solution to visitor’s problem rather than making statements about your achievements?
- Speed of the website.
- Does your website have right mix of colours/images & text density & leaves enough blank space in between different sections so that it do not look too cumbersome.
- Do you have your past experience & client testimonials on home page?
- Does your website have links available on Home page for all important pages on your website?
- Is the quality of images on your website is intact & not stretched or disproportionate?
- First Impression is last impression & website is the window to create an splendid first impression on your prospective customer.
- Perception is Reality , so don’t leave a chance at least with your website to get it damaged.
- You have fantastic content but is it broken in to pieces so that it catches attention of the visitor on different headlines?